It's officially December. We've got a month full of holiday and family parties ahead of us. Now, more than ever, it is important that you are filling your body with nourishing, whole foods like our "Not-So-Stuffing" Quinoa Salad, a favorite on the Euphebe menu.
Not So Stuffing Quinoa Salad
1 oz porcini mushrooms, dried
1.5 cups wild rice, dry
1/2 cup quinoa, dry
1 bunch of tuscan kale
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup white wine
2 tsp thyme, dried
1 tbsp fresh sage, minced
3 tbsp parsley, minced
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1 tbsp pecan oil
- Hydrate porcini mushrooms by soaking in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the liquid.
- Cook the wild rice and quinoa in separate pots, according to packaging instructions.
- Sauté shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms in olive oil and the herbs.
- Add white wine and cook until evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Sauté kale.
- Toss all together adding pecans and pecan oil.